So, you decided that you want to play golf. That’s a very good choice of sport to participate in. There is a lot of technique involved to play like you have some skill though. Do you know what you need to shorten your golf swing for more consistency? If you don’t, watch this video and look at these tips below.
Hi everyone! In this episode of the Impact Show we’re taking a look at Jon Rahm’s golf swing and what you can learn from it. Lets take charge of your game!
Video Duration: 09:01
Video credits: YouTube
- A helpful tip when it comes to golf is to make sure that you always keep an eye on your golf clubs while at the course. This is important because due to the value of many golf clubs, somebody else probably already has their eye on them and might take them at their first chance.
- A helpful tip when it comes to golf is to make sure that you are aware of the type of concessions provided on the course – if any. This is important, because you will need to bring snacks or beverages, if none are available on the course. You don’t want hunger pangs half way through a round!
- Add power to your swing by using your body, not your arms. Lean in to power your shot. Turn with the ball on the downswing. This lets you use the power of all of the muscles in your body to get a better shot, instead of being limited to just your arm muscles.
- Planning your swing beforehand is crucial to a long, straight drive. One of the most important aspects of a good swing is hitting the ball with the full, square surface of your driver’s head. To do this, imagine that you are swinging at a ball behind the real ball. This helps you connect squarely.
- Remember to twist your body to get a great golf swing. If you hit the ball straight on, without twisting your body, you will never get the force behind the ball that you need. A proper twist will help your ball to go further, and your swing to be more accurate too.
- Be careful of an overly aggressive or choppy golf swing- even the most powerful swing should be smooth and fluid. The key point here is the top of the swing between ending the back swing and beginning the forward swing. Don’t jerk the club from one to the other- accelerate gradually for a good, controlled swing.
- It should go without saying, but one of the most important ways to improve your golf game is to keep your eye on the ball. Any good golf swing should keep your head down at all times so it remains on the ball during your swing. Don’t look up until you have finished the follow through of your swing.
- You must be sure to position your shoulders properly for your golf swing because the turn of your shoulder determines how well your hit plays out. Additionally, you should avoid raising or dipping your head while swinging. Your head should stay level to give you the greatest accuracy in your swing.