Professionals and amateurs can learn new techniques for playing a better game of golf. For a good golf swing, swing shorter for more distance (watch the video below) The game of golf holds plenty of challenges and opportunities for any skill level. Keep reading to discover a great selection of pointers designed to improve your game.
In an effort to try and hit the golf ball farther, most golfers overswing. Learn how to stop over swinging, use your hips properly in the golf swing, and hit the ball farther and more consistently than you ever have before!
Video Duration: 04:23
Video credits: YouTube
- A helpful tip when it comes to golf is that it is good to know that there will always be somebody better than you. This is important because you do not want to be dealt a crushing mental blow if you are competing and find yourself outmatched. Golf is a mental game that requires much preparation.
- A helpful tip when it comes to golf is to always wear proper golf shoes when swinging your club. This is crucial because it helps you to hold your form during your swing. It is important also so that you maintain your footing while walking on a possibly slippery course.
- A helpful tip when it comes to golf is to be sure that you are using your full body when you are trying to add more power to your shot. This is important because if you try to use arm or wrist strength, you will throw off the accuracy of your shot.
- Golf is a game that is all about focus and patience. In order to get the low score you are looking for, you will need to block out those around you, focus on where you are on the course and the conditions you face. When it comes to setting up your shot, you need to use patience to take your time and get it right the first time.
Golf Swing tips:
- Doing this will aid you in learning what stance is a good fit for you. Based on a variety of physical attributes, finding your proper stance may look much different than the best stance for other golfers you play with. You can drastically improve your whole game just by finding the best stance.
- Try wiggling your toes to double-check your golfing posture. If your toes wiggle freely, your posture may be tilted too far back. Lean forward, toward the ball. You should still be able to move your feet slightly.
- Good golfers never forget that the perfect golf swing is a full-body motion. The hips and legs need to work in concert with the arms to maximize power and maintain accuracy. At the same time that the arms bring the club down, the hips should be swiveling, and once the shot is made the legs should pivot for full follow-through.
- The knees remain slightly flexed throughout every part of a good golf swing. Golfers may feel a natural tendency to lock their legs at full extension in either the back-swing or the follow-through. These urges have to be suppressed for perfect form. Good golfers keep practicing until they can keep their knees bent throughout their swing.
Now that you have taken the initiative to learn something new about the sport of golf, you can impress your golfing buddies (or that gorgeous pro shop attendant) with the information you’ve just picked up. Look for new ways to apply these skills to your current game, to make the game even more challenging and engaging.